Farmer Community & Qualifications
Does Steward work with beginning farmers and ranchers?
How does Steward assess animal welfare in farming projects?
Why partner with Steward versus raising capital independently?
What does the Steward loan process involve?
How does Steward define sustainable and regenerative agriculture?
What kind of agriculture businesses does Steward work with?
Am I eligible for a Steward loan?
Can I use a Steward loan to purchase land?
Using The Steward Platform
Using Steward: Application Process
About Project Pages
What identity verification documents do I need?
Verify your business with Steward's payment facilitator
What should I include in my Farm Page?
Using Steward: Live Project
What happens when a project successfully meets its loan amount?
How do I find anchor lenders to participate in my loan?
What is the point of the private raise period?
Using Steward: Growth & Repayments
Farmer Educational Resources
Education: Farm Finance
Education: Become a Marketing Master
Receiving a commercial loan from Steward - FAQs
FAQ Participated Loans - Borrowers
How is tax handled for my loan participation?
Payment Profile Creation - Errors and Solutions
Why did my transaction fail?
How much can I lend to a project?
What is Dwolla?
What lender opportunities are available with Steward?
What transaction methods are available when participating in a loan?
What are the fees for lenders?
Why is personal information required in order to handle payments on Steward?
Why is my transaction still pending?
Your Steward Wallet
FAQ Participated Loans - Lenders
Updated by Steward Team
Farm businesses choose to partner with Steward because our loan process is specifically designed to streamline getting farmers access to the capital they need to grow. We facilitate and deliver capital to farmers so farmers don’t need to self-manage a private loan effort. The main benefits of partnering with Steward include:
- We are 100% focused on supporting the growth of regenerative agriculture by lending to sustainable farms, ranches, fisheries, and producers
- We handle all financial transactions safely & securely
- We keep things simpler for the borrower by managing separate loan agreements (Lenders >< Steward >< Farm Partner)
- We manage all lender repayments over the course of the loan
- We automatically send out any necessary tax return documents
- And finally, we provide an opportunity for farms to be part of a broader community of like-minded agriculture businesses across the country